Yeeeeah!!! I finally bought the flight tickets and planned my Norwegian tour!!!
I must confess: writing down my travel dreams 2016 list pushed me to turn them in reality. Once said I wanna go somewhere, then I must go! Otherwise what the other people are gonna think? 😆
I spent lot of time thinking about the right period for this travel. I read tons of articles on blogs and websites, travellers chats on several social networks and the outcome was always the same: Norway is beautiful in every season. The main incentive is my deep hope in finding the Northern Lights, and everywhere I read that this phenomenon happens from September to April. But everybody go in February/March, because this period is the best in terms of clearness of the sky! in top of that, I cannot go in February/March, because of a holidays issue 😖
Then I did some in-deep researches and I found out that:
- many people saw the Aurora in October too!
- Norway is so beautiful (especially in autumn colours) that I would be happy anyway, regardless the Aurora!
Eventually I said to myself: "Fu** all these worries, I'm going anyway!! And if I won't see the Northern Lights, I'll search for them next year, in Iceland or in Finland! " 😎
Among the several blogs I got inspiration from, I'd like to mention:
- Francesca Dani's amazing pictures. She's been the one that more than others made me have dreams about Northern Lights!
- Fabrizio Paravisi, who wrote an useful and excellent article about Lofoten Islands on lightpainting.it
- a nice chat with Valeria Castiello, who wrote a couple of interesting pieces about Bergen and the nearby fjords on her blog valeriacastiello.com
- Greta and Filippo who wrote about Northern Norway and gave advices about how to photograph the Aurora Borealis; their blog: TheGretaEscape
- @Visitnorway and @visitBergen Twitter accounts, who aroused my emotions everyday!
Let's cut to the chase!
This is the tour we'll do: it will be 10 days long (click on the picture to enlarge):